Pages

Monday, November 08, 2010

Thankful for ...

Hmmm, this is a little tough today. The broken microwave is on my mind. And the leaky washing machine. I'm not particularly thankful for either of those things. I mean, I'm thankful for the things, I'm not thankful they are not working properly.

But how can I turn that around in my head? How can I be thankful in light of things that don't make it easy?

1. I'm thankful I have a washing machine and a dryer. Even if it leaks water, it still washes my clothes, and I'm very glad about that.

2. I'm thankful that the microwave is a convenience, not a necessity in my life. I can function without a microwave until we get a new one. It will force me to finish my tea while it's still hot as opposed to constantly re-heating the same cup of tea during the course of the morning - but I really should be able to drink a cup of tea in less than an hour - so it shouldn't be a problem.

3. I'm thankful that if necessary we can replace these appliances. It will not mean less food on the table or some other sacrifice if we have to go out and buy something new. We may not be wealthy, but we don't have to do without. And for that I really am thankful.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: