Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Poetry Friday - Tessa in Wonderland, Part 3



Tim Burton may have his vision of Alice in Wonderland, but my daughter has her own. And in time for Poetry Friday here is part three of her original poem: Tessa in Wonderland.

Tessa in Wonderland
by KRM
Part III
“Spades?”
I said.
“As in the shovel?
Or the card?”
The rabbit had helped me into
His cart,
And I was sitting next to him.
It was weird,
He was as big as I was.
“As in the Province.”
The rabbit said.
“By the way,
I’m Horatio,”
“And I’m Tessa,”
I said,
Tucking
A strand of loose
Hair behind my
Ear.
“Where are we going?”
I asked.
“To my home.
It’s
In the outskirts of
Spadedeck,
Capital
Of the Spade Province.”
I nodded solemnly,
Looking down
At my sneakers.

I wished
That mom knew
Where I was
So that she
Could come get me,
Or that I hadn’t
Left my phone at home.
I wished
I knew
What would happen
Next.

Parts I and II of her poem are here and here.

The Poetry Friday round-up can be found at Some Novel Ideas. Go check it out!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Tessa,

What a very lovely poem story. I hope you will write some more!

Laura Evans

Mary Lee said...

Has your daughter read INTO THE WILD and OUT OF THE WILD by Sarah Beth Durst? If not, she must! Her poem reminds me of the books!!!

christine M said...

Laura, my daughter has written a couple more parts to this poem and after that there will be more poems, I'm sure!

Mary Lee, she has read Into the Wild and Out of the Wild by Sarah Beth Durst and absolutely loved them!