Pages

Friday, September 15, 2006

Poetry Friday - Weather Edition

Rain
by Robert Louis Stevenson

The rain is raining all around,
It falls on field and tree,
It rains on the umbrellas here,
And on the ships at sea.

Guess what the weather is up to again. Sigh.

Other Poetry Friday entries so far:
Blog from the Windowsill offers an ode to her new goddaughter.
Jen Robinson offers an ode to Roald Dahl (one of my son's favorite authors by the way)
And Nancy at Journey Woman offers us a little Robert Frost.

Edited to add: Michele at Scholar's Blog provides a poem by and biography of Gerard Manly Hopkins.
Little Willow gives us some of Tennyson's Lady of Shallot.
And Kelly at Big A little a has an excerpt from Poe's The Raven

Edited again: Liz at A Chair, A Fireplace and A Tea Cozy, shares some Robert Browning.
And Melissa in the Bonny Glen shares the poem she named her site after. Now - is the site eponymous, or the poem? I'm never sure which direction to use that word.

I'm sure there are more, or will be soon - I'll check back later.

3 comments:

Liz B said...

I just posted mine...and the rain is HORRIBLE. I could barely see two cars lenghth when driving to work, and the flooding is also terrible.

Nancy said...

Thanks for including me in the roundup!

We had at least an hour of NOT RAIN this afternoon and I was able to go outside and pick pears. This was the highlight of my last two days.

Anonymous said...

No rain here in California but I did enjoying reading this one. Thank you.