Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ask, Then Pay Attention so you Don't Miss The Answer

Once upon a time, many years ago, when I was young, I used to pray to God to send me the perfect boyfriend (and eventually husband, but you need to start somewhere.) I had people in mind and would hope that God would reveal to whatever boy had my interest at the time that he was perfect for me and should maybe notice me.

Things don't always work out the way we think they should.

Which is a good thing.

But God did send me the perfect boyfriend (and eventually husband.) It just took me awhile to realize it.

But one night in College, I was hanging out with a friend, a guy I'd known for a year and a half, -- we'd been talking more lately, getting to know each other a little bit -- when I found myself sitting on his lap, and our foreheads were an inch apart and it seemed like we might kiss.

But we didn't. And the spell was broken and we moved apart.

However, from that moment on we were able to look at each other as more than friends. That was twenty years ago today. We've been married for almost 13 years now. And on that night, so long ago, I feel that God pretty much gave me a little shove - right into my future husband's lap.
It's as if He was saying. "You've been praying for the perfect guy. And here he is, but you don't seem to be getting it - so Get A Little Closer Already."

I'm glad I took the hint.

No comments: