Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

If the Shoe Fits

While shopping for back to school clothes Pippi and I discovered that her child's size 5 foot translates to roughly an adult size 7. Since (until I had children) I spent most of my adult life as a size 7 1/2 this came as rather a shock to me.

When we got home we went into my closet. And sure enough - there were still some 7 1/2 size shoes in there. Pippi tried a pair on - a pair of navy Bass flats. "I think I've found my new dress shoes" she said.

And indeed she has.

They're a little big - but as she says she doesn't wear dress shoes that often so it won't matter.

In the meantime, let me go weep, as I contemplate that my little girl's feet are nearly as big as mine!

6 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

With barely a six and a half size foot, both my girls (ages 10 and 10 1/2) now wear the same size shoe as me. As I mourn their growing feet, they're thrilled with their expanded shoe selection!

God Bless,
Jane

PJ Hoover said...

I've been a 7 since about 8th grade. I remember thinking it sounded like an elephant's sized foot.
But, hey, you just saved yourself money on a pair of shoes.

Ellen said...

I once was the beneficiary of a pair of work boots that my son outgrew. I feel your pain.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Just wait! She's not done!! Middle Sister passed me up last year (so I guess the same time frame for Pippi, though she still has some height to gain on you). I remember she bought some cute brown flats for church shoes, and I said that when she outgrew them they'd be mine. Then I tried them on and found out they were TOO BIG for me.

Ellen, I'm wearing a pair of Big Brother's running shoes these days. He had them 3 weeks before outgrowing them just before his freshman year.

Keri Mikulski said...

I can't imagine my daughter and I sharing the same size. She's two. :) Now you can swap shoes.

If you ever want to buy a pair Uggs or other type of shoe.. It's cheaper to order kid's sizes. I've ordered a kid's 6 and saved tons of dough.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was going to say what Keri did--I wear size 8 1/2, which is a size 13 in little boy's shoes...which saves me about $20 or $30 when I buy New Balances...