Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Political Speech I Can Get Behind

This afternoon the kids and I went to a local production of "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown" - it was the first production by a newly formed youth community theater group. The high school students (and recent graduates) who formed the cast were outstanding and it was a lot of fun.

Looking at the program I noticed that our mayor seemed to have a part in the show. He was playing the mayor. Appropriate.

And sure enough during part of the play Sally is upset that her project got a C so she's going to complain to the mayor. Out on stage walks our mayor. Sally lodges her complaint. And the mayor answers: "Whaa waah wah Whaa" (like any good grown-up in a Charlie Brown show). Everyone burst out laughing.

I don't think I've ever heard a politician make more sense.

1 comment:

Anne K said...

Looks like you and the kids are having a fun summer!