Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

A Day in the City


We had a family outing to New York City today. We took the train in to Penn Station and from there walked hither and yon around Manhattan. We saw Macy's and Times Square. We almost got run over by some guys moving some Good Morning America furniture out into the street (will we see that set on TV on New Year's Eve?). We saw the tree in Rockefeller Center and of course the ice skaters. The window displays at Macy's and Sak's and Lord and Taylor. We went in Barnes and Noble (can never resist a good bookstore, but since the gift cards were all at home we didn't buy anything). We went into St. Patrick's cathedral and lit a couple of candles. We went into the New York Public Library, but couldn't find any books (don't laugh at me, we were running out of time) - nice builiding though.

The crowds were immense. I can only imagine what it must have been like before Christmas. And New Year's Eve must be insanity itself there. I enjoy the vitality of New York. I love looking at all there is to see there. And this time we didn't even do any museums or shows. But the crowds are a bit much for me. I like a bit of elbow room in my life - and that was something there was very little of today in the city.

It was a lot of fun. And now I'm tired.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

And you've gotten home, managed to blog and get a critique done. You are amazing!

christine M said...

Yes, I did do that, didn't I? I don't know about amazing. But I do know I'm tired!