Pages

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Talented Kids

On Friday I watched the talent show at the theater camp my kids go to. Neither one of my children opted to perform, so I just sat back and watched the other people's kids.

Things I learned.
1) There are a lot of talented kids out there.

2) Kids are brave.
Some of these kids weren't particularly talented, but they got out there and did their thing anyway. Good for them. You need to take that chance and make that leap.

3) Kids have fun working together.
Groups of kids did little dance routines together and you could just tell that they had as much fun getting together and practicing during the past week as they did performing on Friday.

4) There are lots of different talents in the world. Some kids can sing, some can dance, some can tell jokes and others can make strange noises with their mouths. But it's all good. It's all a way of getting up there and saying "Hey, look what I can do!"

Just so you know, my kids have participated in the talent show every other year, this year they just opted out.

No comments: