Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It's a Cool Job - Really

Once upon a time, in my former life, before being a stay-at-home Mom, I was an editor. Not the kind of editor who gets to pick out the next great best seller. Not the kind of editor who has her name on the masthead of a trendy magazine. No, I was an editor for travel trade publications. No getting rich or famous there. Although, I did become known as an answer person in the cruise industry for awhile, while I was the editor of the Official Cruise Guide.

Generally when I tell people I was an editor, they mumble something about "how interesting" but don't sound too interested.

But, my nine-year-old daughter is learning the basic of editing in language arts. She's learning some of the editing symbols, and learning to read and look for mistakes. As I was going over her paper with her, she told me. "It's so cool to have a Mom who was an editor." And she genuinely sounded impressed.

Wow - it's all worth it now!

No comments: