Pages

Friday, May 26, 2006

Poetry Friday

I'll say this for Poetry Friday, it's sure got me looking at poems a whole lot more than I was recently. So, thank you to Kelly at Big A, little a for getting this started.

So, without further ado:

The Whole Duty of a Poem
by Arthur Guiterman

A poem should be, as our best ever are,
Golden of heart like a rose or a star.

A poem should be, like the brook that you hear
Sing down the mountainside, lovely and clear.

Yet in it's music a poem should hold
That which is felt but may never be told.

Other contributors this week include: Melissa at Here in the Bonny Glen, giving tribute to the poem that inspired the title of her new blog. Book Buds gives us a little e e cummings. Jen Robinson shares the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (I love that poem). Liz at A Chair, A Fireplace and A Tea Cozy gives us a little baseball (I just read that one to my son last night). The Scholar's Blog got a jump start with Poetry Thursday. Bookshelves of Doom speaks of poetry controversy. Chris Barton brings us a book review. Little Willow opens us to the realm of possibilities and Chicken Spaghetti shares some Julia Donaldson.

I'll add more contributors if I become aware of them.

Edited to add, MotherReader and her Ode to Mo, and and ode to wild geese over at Blog from the Windowsill.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thank you, Christine! I'm sorry I forgot to link last week. Bad, bad blogger.

Going to add your contribution now...