Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Overcoming Fears

Our community pool has a big slide. It's an enclosed curved slide that dumps in to the twelve-foot section. Harry tackled that slide the first day he passed his deep water test. We went down r-e-a-l s-l-o-w the first time. But once he'd done it once he was hooked. But Pippi wouldn't go down.

A few times she went up to the top and thought about going down - but she could never make herself do it.

Today she did it.

And guess what.

(Of course you guessed, and I knew it would happen too)

She LOVED it.

And best she has the satisfaction of knowing that she didn't let her fears get the best of her! That's a good accomplishment for a summer day!

3 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Feel the fear and do it anyway! I was always the chicken growing up!

Bill said...

I felt, and still do feel, the same way about anything that starts with myself having to be very high off the ground and then descending at a great speed. Water slides fit into that category for me. But, like Pippi and Harry, once I try it, I usually like it. It's getting up the courage to take the first plunge that is challenging.

Good for Pippi and Harry.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Good job, Pippi! Middle Sister would be proud (and jealous!)