Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Writing Wednesday

And that's what I'm doing.... writing. I'm trying to use the tips PJ posted about awhile back and make sure that every page has tension. That every scene is useful. That everything my characters do make sense in the context of the story.

It goes a lot slower than you might think.

And in other writing topics - Pippi, who just last year thought she didn't like writing poetry - can't decide now if she likes writing poetry or fiction better. The advantage to poetry, she decided, is that she actually finishes a piece. She says she never seems to finish the stories she starts.

I can relate to that.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, man, you're telling me, Chris. Slow, slow, SLOW!

Unknown said...

Good luck to both yours and Pippi's writing!

And who says she can't be both a poet and a fiction writer? Maya Angelou was... :)

Keri Mikulski said...

Have fun writing! ;)

PJ Hoover said...

Sounds like fun!
I really need to work to make sure all my plots are connected (cause/effect)

Barrie said...

I had a lot of fun meeting PJ in Oklahoma! Good luck with your writing!