Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bonus Revision Tip

I was thinking more about revisions after yesterday's post and realized I had left out one crucial rule of thumb. I figured if I waited until next week to share it I'd forget to mention it again.

So here's a bonus revision tip on a Thursday.

When re-reading your story. If there are places you skim over in order to get to the 'good stuff', look at those places very carefully. If you're not interested in reading them again - even though it may be the hundredth time, maybe they're not worthy of staying in the story.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo...excellent tip!

PJ Hoover said...

This is SUCH a great tip, Chris!
Ditto on critiquing. If you find yourself skimming a part, there's probably a good reason for it which needs to be analyzed.

PJ Hoover said...

Not that I ever do that in our critique group!