Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let's Hear it for the Kids

Both Pippi and Harry had some good news this week. And since I shared my good news, I'll share theirs.

First: On Tuesday Harry's street hockey team won a game. This has been a tough season and they just could never seem to catch a break. There was one memorable (miserable) game where they lost 17 to 2. It's hard to keep positive in the face of stuff like that. But on Tuesday they won. Yay!! With a score of 7 to 1. And wouldn't you know it - it was the only game all season I wasn't able to make it to (PTO obligations). You don't think they won because I wasn't there, do you? I'd hate to think I'm bad luck for the team.

Second: Yesterday Pippi found out that she is the second sixth grader picked for the middle school band. Not too many sixth graders make it in - especially not before the winter concert. But she did. Her band teacher praised her playing (clarinet) and then gave her a note at the end of class that she was in. The first sixth grader in is a friend of ours - and he's actually the one who told me Pippi had made it in (when I picked the kids up from his house yesterday) Pippi just sat there and smiled.

So. Yay for Pippi and Harry!

It's been quite a week around here.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay, kids! You go for it :)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Hooray!!

Bill said...

Good for the kids. It's always nice to hear something great like that. I think Harry's new box probably helped him concentrate on doing some winning moves. Maybe Pippi was inspired by trying to figure it out.

I came across a link that I thought you might enjoy, although you book types probably already have it. Anyway:
http://www.archive.org/details/bookloversenchir00irelrich

It's not turning blue, but maybe you know how to make it do that. I sure don't.

christine M said...

Interesting link, Dad.

And I'm sure the box had a lot to do with the successes of the week.

Have a great trip this weekend.

PJ Hoover said...

Congrats! I feel the good vibes flowing here to Texas already!

Anne K said...

I always love to hear good news about my grandkids!!