Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Poetry Friday


It's time for Poetry Friday once again, and I've got another Pippi poem to share.

Maybe
by KRM

Maybe I'm a
Giant
with hands
the size of
Houses
and eyes
the size of
Dinner plates,
Or a fairy
with glittery
Wings.
Maybe I'm
A tree swaying
in the fall
breeze.
Perhaps I'm a
lamp, shining
it's bright light
down upon
the paper
(of equations - ugh.)
Maybe I'm
A Manticore
a club in
my meaty
fist, horns
coming off of
my furry head
Fury spelled
across my eyes
of red.
I could be
a shy satyr
Or a unicorn,
Even.
I could be a
fish blowing
bubbles.
The one thing I'm
NOT
is doing my
incredibly
dumb
HOMEWORK.


Ah, doesn't it just bring you back to middle school again?

The round up this week is by Kelly at Big A little a.

2 comments:

shelburns said...

I love it! The poem made me think that the person was reading a book - you know, in a book you can be anything, go anywhere. Just my visualization.

Anne K said...

Pippi, when are you going to have your book of poetry published! I love your poems. Ammy