Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

Poetry Friday - Show Biz

Posted by Picasa
In honor of today's production of the Wizard of Oz, our two stars have written of their experience in poem form for Poetry Friday.

Show Biz
By Pippi

They were right:
There’s no Business like Show Biz.
The lights.
The laughter.
The applause.
The friends you make along the way.
No, you can’t match up show biz.
The work.
The memorization
The reactions
Your imaginations
That’s what show biz is like.
I know where I want to be.
Every part I can get,
Every song I can sing,
That’s what I want to do to.
Oh the high stage,
That’s where I belong.
SHOW BIZ


The Wizard of Oz
By Harry

I am the Wizard
Who had a lizard
And a sister that isn’t wise.
My true identity is Billy
Who is silly
But not confident.
Now the show is done
I had a lot of fun.

The Poetry Friday round-up is hosted by Kelly Fineman this week.

2 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

I love those stars and enjoyed the poems!

What fun!

jama said...

Wonderful poems. Refreshing and so true to childlike spirit.