Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Tooth Fairy Forgot

A sad little boy showed up next to my bed this morning. "The tooth fairy forgot," he said.

My first reaction was - no, I distinctly remember the tooth fairy coming - and then as I reflected, I realized I'd dreamed it.

Darn.

"It was the ice storm," I assured him, "it was hard for her to fly with all that ice on her wings. She's running late."

"Really?"

"Sure, it happened to Pippi once. She thought the tooth fairy forgot - but she came when Pippi was in the bathroom."

A few minutes later I was able to say to Harry, "check now and see if the tooth fairy came yet."

And his eyes shown as he found a dollar bill in place of his tooth.

Whew. Another bullet dodged.

2 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Isn't this like a bad dream we all have. Forgetting to be the tooth fairy. Even with my guy knowing now, I think he's still be crushed if I forgot!
Good save though. I'll have to file that one away for emergency use!

ukok said...

Oh yes, this happend to us once too... I managed to accuse my son of not checking under his pillow thoroughly enough and sneaked upstairs with a £1 coin to place under his pillow....I know I'm a naughty mummy but I couldn't have him thinking I'd been lying to him all those years.....LOL!