Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Five on a Friday

Okay, if I'm going to get my act together on blogging, I need to blog once in awhile. So, here are five random things on a Friday.

1) I've decided to start a new story. I have no outline, no plan and no title. Only the vague idea that it should have a quest and supernatural elements. The file is very originally called "new" and so far I have 7000 words.

2) Took my daughter to the doctor to see if we can pinpoint the cause of her wrist pain. X-rays weren't conclusive, so we had to schedule an MRI. Fun summer activities to be sure!

3) Went to Runaway Rapids with the kids and their cousins. The kids had a blast!

4) Yesterday we made a stop at the library. My daughter said she would return a couple of things, but wouldn't get anything out. She took out Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty, Maureen Johnson's Scarlett Fever, The Lord of the Rings and a graphic novel of Robin Hood. Good thing she didn't want any books.

5) And I've begun making a quilt.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Oh, she'll love A Great and Terrible Beauty! And I hope the wrist is feeling 100% soon!

christine M said...

She was laughing out loud to the book last night and reading random parts to me. And if we can figure out the cause of the pain in the wrist, we hopefully will be able to take care of it. One step at a time!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Middle Sister is off to an MRI on Monday for a pesky ankle injury that she keeps re-injuring. Wishing both girls luck (and info, so they can begin to recover!)

christine M said...

Barb, Monday must be MRI day! Good luck to Middle Sister!