Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Guess the Logic Works... Kind Of

When I told Harry that he might have to miss one of his basketball games due to a scheduling conflict he was okay with that.

Harry: "That's good. 'Cause that would probably be the game where I got hit in the nose with a ball. Every season I get hit in the nose with the ball."

Me: "So you figure that would be the game it would happen at and if you're not there you won't get hit with the ball this season."

Harry: "Yeah."

Um. Okay. I guess that works.

4 comments:

kristen said...

Until he gets hit in the nose at the next game because he now has said it and jinxed himself.

PJ Hoover said...

It's like being pessimistic and optimistic all at the same time. Kind of very neat, actually!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Hmmm, that kind of sounds like Middle Sister Logic. Works for them, though! :)

Sarah Rettger said...

Ouch. At least he doesn't have a habit of jamming fingers playing basketball - that was my problem back in gym class.

You know we're all going to be waiting for a report from Harry now - he's going to have to tell us how the rest of the season goes!

My word verification this time is "pater." So close to being accurate for this post, but not quite!