Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day!

What better present could a newly eight-year-old boy ask for on his birthday than a SNOW DAY! The first one of the year too.

Not that we got to sleep in or anything. Harry was ready to open his presents at 6:15. I made him wait until at least 7.

Of course by not going to school he can't play his guitar there today - I'm sure he can bring it in sometime next week. And he said the girls were planning a surprise for him. Perhaps they'll give him his surprise on Monday.

We have several inches of snow right now - and it's snowing pretty steadily.

The official automated call that school was canceled came at 4:15 AM. Does any one really need to know that early?


Barb, sfo said...

At least they only called you ONCE, right? My younger kids' principal evidently wasn't sure the system had gotten the idea. I got THREE phone calls with the message about a snow day, just from that school. My earliest call was Big Brother's school, at 5.

HipWriterMama said...

I remember having snow days on quite a few of my birthdays when I was in school. Hope Harry had a great time playing in the snow and an awesome birthday.