Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day!

What better present could a newly eight-year-old boy ask for on his birthday than a SNOW DAY! The first one of the year too.

Not that we got to sleep in or anything. Harry was ready to open his presents at 6:15. I made him wait until at least 7.

Of course by not going to school he can't play his guitar there today - I'm sure he can bring it in sometime next week. And he said the girls were planning a surprise for him. Perhaps they'll give him his surprise on Monday.

We have several inches of snow right now - and it's snowing pretty steadily.

The official automated call that school was canceled came at 4:15 AM. Does any one really need to know that early?

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

At least they only called you ONCE, right? My younger kids' principal evidently wasn't sure the system had gotten the idea. I got THREE phone calls with the message about a snow day, just from that school. My earliest call was Big Brother's school, at 5.

Vivian Mahoney said...

I remember having snow days on quite a few of my birthdays when I was in school. Hope Harry had a great time playing in the snow and an awesome birthday.