Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow - for real this time

Or as real as it might get this winter for central Jersey. The ground is actually white. A snowplow came down our street. And the schools have a delayed opening tomorrow. The wintry mix is supposed to turn to rain - and it will all melt - so I made sure the kids got out and played in the snow when they got home from school today.

It was movie snow. Big fluffy flakes falling from the sky - almost didn't look real. Harry had his snowboard out before the grass was even fully covered (when the snow isn't predicted to last long you can't afford to waste time.)

I know that some areas of this country have had more snow than they know what to do with and I feel for you, really I do. But the kids just wanted to be able to play in snow at least once this winter - and they did.

6 comments:

Jim Danielson said...

Glad the kids got to play.

JimD

Kelly said...

Yay for you and the kids, Chris! That first beautiful snow is always nice. Even I'd agree :)

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

I only wish it could have waited 24 hours--my husband got stuck at Newark Airport because his flight was canceled! Fortunately, today looks much better weather wise!
(It makes me feel better, however, knowing that at least somewhere someone was enjoying the snow!)

God Bless,
Jane

christine M said...

Jane, I'm sorry your husband got stuck at Newark. Not a fun thing to have happen. Right now the snow is all slush and it's been raining. It was nice while it lasted (except of course for people stuck at airports)

momto5minnies said...

I miss SNOW. Once upon a few years ago my family lived in Central Jersey. My girls still wish to move back to experience the big snow storms.

ENJOY!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Glad Harry got some snowboarding in. Too fun!