Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

My son wrote me a Mother's Day letter:

Dear Mom,

You are extraordinarily wonderful to me in these three ways: being helpful, caring for me, and doing a lot for me. For the first reason, you tell me what books are really really good. You also check over my homework. For the second reason, you show me your love when someone hurts my feelings.

And finally for the last reason, you wash my clothes, you make dinner and you buy dessert. That's a lot for one person to do everyday!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Love,
"Harry"



What more could a Mom want?

Oh - and he actually signed it with his first and last name (I guess just in case I wasn't sure who it was from.)

6 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Sounds like a lot more than three ways!
Happy Mother's Day!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That is sweet! LOL about signing with both names. Many kids his age do that, actually, but it's part of their charm.
I thought his first reason was fantastic--"you show me the really good books to read." Who could ask for anything more?
Hope your day was special!

Anne K said...

That letter is a keeper. It would make any Mom happy. Happy Mother's Day! Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh HOW sweet is your son! That is a letter for your keepsake box for sure!

Belated Mothers Day Greetings!

Kelly said...

I love this :) The signature is the icing on the cake.

Vivian Mahoney said...

That is a keeper! What a wonderful letter. I love the "that's a lot for one person to do everyday!"

Hope you had a great Mother's Day.