Pages

Friday, May 09, 2008

Poetry Friday


Although it's chilly and rainy here today, Spring is definitely here. And although the daffodils have already bloomed and faded, I thought I'd share this poem today.

Daffodowndilly
by A. A. Milne

She wore her yellow sun-bonnet,
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead."


The Poetry Friday Round-up is at Findings.

5 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

OK, I'm just going to say it.
I like poems that rhyme.
Which yours (almost) always do.
And I'm thinking this is why I like your poetry Friday the best always!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Enjoy the spring weather!

christine M said...

PJ - I'm glad you like the poems I pick. I like poems that rhyme too.

HWM - I wish we were having Spring weather today. It's rainy and cold. But yesterday was nice. And so was the day before. And eventually I'm sure it will be nice again! :)

Anonymous said...

Loved the poem. Although I can't help but wonder if he thought turned should be one syllable, or the old-fashioned two: turn-ed.

Barrie said...

Very fun! I mean, come on, it's AA Milne!