Pages

Friday, May 05, 2006

National Day of Prayer

Yesterday was the National Day of Prayer. I didn't really set aside any extra time for prayer yesterday.

But this is what I did:

I volunteered at my children's school library and helped 1st and 2nd graders pick out books to read, as well as shelving books and organizing the shelves so books could be found.

I spent the afternoon at the park with my son while he and his friend played on the jungle gym and rode their scooters.

With my children, I watched a mother robin feed her baby birds (in the nest she built in the holly tree directly next to our front door).

And of course there were the other things the cooking, the cleaning, the getting people to and from school.

Isn't all of it really a prayer? Isn't the way we live our lives a way of communicating with God?

I pray frequently too, either just in conversation with God or by using regular prayers (by which I mean the Our Father, Hail Mary, etc.)

So, yesterday was the National Day of Prayer. But really, every day is a Day of Prayer?

No comments: