Pages

Monday, June 18, 2007

Good Mood Monday

Okay, so Monday's nearly over and I haven't posted a good mood post yet. This is not because I'm not in a good mood. This is because I haven't been on the computer. The kids had a half-day today, and we bought Slurpees on the way home, and then went to the library to sign up for the summer reading program and then to the pool. After dinner we headed to the music store to pick up a few odds and ends.

There are lots of reasons to be in a good mood. The weather was hot today, but cooling down nicely tonight, friends of ours were at the pool - and even at 7-11 buying Slurpees with us.

Mainly I'm in a good mood because I realized that my kids don't mind bucking the main stream. We were at the pool and one of my kids friends mentioned that he didn't plan to read at all this summer. Summer was for playing. My kids can't imagine not reading for that length of time (remember we had to sign up for the reading program before we could hit the pool - priorities).
My kids don't watch TV. They don't have any video games. They don't seem bothered by this.
They can quote Shakespeare and play instruments and all kinds of other fun stuff. So, I'm in a good mood because I know that Pippi and Harry will not spend their summer vacation glued to a TV screen and if last summer is any indication, I won't be hearing "I'm bored" from them either.

No comments: