Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thanks to All the Teachers

Today is the last day of school. A much looked forward to day around here. (And pretty much anywhere where kids go to school, I imagine.)

In honor of their teachers, Harry and Pippi wrote Thank You letters to them.

Dear Mrs. H:

Thank you for the great time I had in 4th grade. I had more fun than you could ever imagine. Your auction was spectacular, whale week was supreme. Raising monarchs and painted ladies was quite the experience.

You are truly a talented poet. Getting all the words to rhyme is tough. I’ve yet to master it!

I had the best year ever. It is so hard to say goodbye.

I’m never going to regret this perfect year. I’m never going to forget you. You were a perfect teacher.

Love

Pippi


Dear Miss B.,

Thank you for being a awsome teacher. You helped the whole class learn a lot of math; addition, subtraction, money, fractions, ones and tens, multiplication, division, and regrouping. The stories that we write are good, but your stories are especially good. I think you are the best teacher on earth. I really am going to miss you.

Love,

Harry (grade 1)

And I say thanks to the teachers and the parents and everyone else who makes the public schools work day after day. Enjoy your summer.

1 comment:

Anne K said...

Love it! I'm e-mailing it to a friend of mine who's a former kindergarten teacher. Mom