Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

40 Years Ago

Forty years ago today I stopped being an only child.



And as you can see, I was pretty happy about it.

A year and a half later one brother was joined by another.



And as you can see, they were both pretty happy about it.



They're all grown up now (same brothers, different positions)

If I were to get started posting stories about my brother Pete, it would fill a blog. But those are his stories to share - not mine (hey, Pete - start a blog!).

I'll share just one. Right now Pete loves the beach. But when he was a toddler that wasn't the case. Our grandparents lived down the shore so we went there a lot. But one time Pete resisted. He didn't want to be at the beach. He didn't want to play in the sand, he didn't want to go in the ocean. So, although being little he had no say in where the family went, he had a say in how he would spend his time. And he spent it with his shoes, socks and pants firmly in place, sitting on the blanket with his back to the water. You could bring him to the beach, but you couldn't make him have fun. As I said, this was not a long phase, and he definitely makes up for it now.

In parting, here's one more picture - of Pete helping to remodel a kitchen. I particularly like the hardhat.
Posted by Picasa
Happy Birthday, Pete!

2 comments:

Anne K said...

Peter and Christine's mom says You outdid me! Great post!

EC Gefroh said...

Wonderful post. BTW, you were such a cute little girl Chris!