Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Poetry Friday - Spring has Sprung


We finally had a taste of beautiful Spring-like weather around here this week. And then it got rainy and the temperature dropped. But we know Spring is there - lurking around the corner and coming out to play from time to time. So in honor of Spring:

Spring Song
by Robert Louis Stevenson

The air was full of sun and birds,
The fresh air sparkled clearly.
Remembrance wakened in my heart
And I knew I loved her dearly.

The fallows and the leafless trees
And all my spirit tingled.
My earliest thought of love, and Spring's
First puff of perfume mingled.

In my still heart the thoughts awoke,
Came lone by lone together -
Say, birds and Sun and Spring, is Love
A mere affair of weather?


The Round-up is at Cuentecitos this week.

3 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Lovely - hope the tide has turned and Spring will come rushing in to stay (for its time). Only a very few signs here as of yet. *sigh*

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I've been feeling this way too lately - but I am sure love is not "A mere affair of weather". I'm hoping we get a little more good weather here and there, of course!

Anonymous said...

What a fun little poem!