The 8 Things About Me Meme has fallen into some creative hands and taken a twist. So the new and improved Meme is the "4 new x 2" and I've been tagged back by HipWriterMama, whom I tagged - hah the wonderful irony of it all.
The rules: You have to share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. New house, new school, new hobby, new spouse, new baby, whatever. Then you have to say four things you want to try new in the next four years.
Okay, I'm game, I'll give it a go.
Four Things That were new to me in the Past Four Years.
1. Blogging. 'Nuff said.
2. The new bathroom.
3. Having both children in school for the whole day. (Which will make me more productive during the day, right? Hah! Double Hah! Where does the time go?)
4. Joining a Writer's Critique Group.
Four Things That I hope to Try in the Next Four Years.
1. Getting paid for writing. Writing for free is fun - getting paid would be very nice too though.
2. Ack - in four years my daughter will have entered the teenage years - I hope to simply survive them.
3. Hmmm - I'm stuck on three - I don't have a lot of dreams and aspirations do I? - I mean, I don't want to sky dive or anything, and I could say I want to lose weight, but that sounds like a New Year's Resolution. I could say I want to bring about world peace, but I'm not a Miss America contestant. -- okay, I know: Read a book in a foreign language.
4. Go to Boston. I've never been, and have wanted to for a long time. That seems like a reasonable goal, since I only live a couple hundred miles from there.
Now, I need to tag people.
I'll tag Liz again, because I can.
AussieAnnie at Under Her Starry Mantle.
Amy Caroline at Knit Together in Love, because tag-backs are just great!
Amy at Between Daydreams.
Jim at Haunts of a Children's Writer.
Sara at I've Got Blister's On My Fingers.
and Esther at A Catholic Mom in Hawaii.