Pages

Thursday, May 03, 2007

A Slice of Spring and Peace of Mind

I was feeling a bit overwhelmed this evening. Our problems may be small compared to other peoples, but tonight they seemed to all be piling on. I felt the need to wallow in misery.

What I did was take my cup of tea outside and sit on the front steps.

I felt agitated and upset.

The flowers on the trees are beautiful - pink and white - and light green leaf buds.

There leaves on the red maple glowed in the late afternoon sun.

The grass, newly cut was a brilliant shade of green.

A father was pushing his daughter on a swing in the park across the way.

It's a beautiful evening.

My spirit felt soothed.

God really is good to us - even when life seems too much - he has ways of reminding us that we really are blessed.

No comments: