Pages

Monday, May 07, 2007

What I'm Reading

Lissa tagged me for a book meme. The question is: What books are you reading right now?

Let's see. I just finished one yesterday and started a new one last night, but I've barely gotten past the first few pages in the new one, so I'll include them both.

The one I finished is Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keyes. I was hoping for a light read, and it wasn't as light as I hoped, but it was a good story about three friends and the turmoils in their lives, and how one friend's bout with cancer helps the others to sort out their lives.

The book I just started is The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory. I'm only on page 4, so honestly can't tell much about it yet, but I've read other books by Philippa Gregory and have enjoyed them, and enjoy stories from that time period.

I'm also reading The Complete Idiot's Guide to Learning Latin. I didn't take Latin in school. I had 5 years of Spanish, 2 of German and a semester of French (in college) (just as a side note, if you learn Spanish and German first it's very hard to get your mouth around French pronunciations - or maybe that's just me). Now I'm interested in learning a little Latin. This seemed like a good place to start.

And then there are the books that are sitting by my bed because I've started them, and just didn't finish yet. Two are re-reads of books by Madeleine L'Engle: The Irrational Season, which is the third book in her Crosswicks Journals - and which I like to re-read every now and then, and The Love Letters - a story combining a modern day romance and a 17th century romance, as well as a Portuguese convent and a French soldier.

I also have A Friar's Joy - a book I picked up at a mission this Spring given by a Franciscan Friar. It's a lot of small stories from the lives of several Friars.

And for a little "light" reading (ha) we have A New Song For the Lord by Pope Benedict XVI, A Father Who Keeps His Promises, by Scott Hahn, and How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

One thing becomes clear here and that is that I need to finish some of the books by my bed.

Now I get to tag people.
I tag Nancy at Journey Women, Meredith at Sweetness and Light, and Milehimama at Mama Says... and Liz at A Chair, A Fire Place and a Tea Cozy.

No comments: