Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thankful when a Little Rain Falls

It's raining now - and will be raining on and off for the next few days. It's a soft gentle rain (at least right now) and I do wish I could send it to Southern California where they would really appreciate it. But I do appreciate it here. I like it because I know we always need the rain to make things grow - and to avoid tinderbox conditions. I also like rain, because it gives a chance to sit back and relax - to catch up on inside things, to curl up with a good book, or some crocheting without feeling like there is something else you should be doing. And it's easier to get the kids to do homework (usually).

So, today I'm thankful for the rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on over here to England and you can have as much rain as you like! Please, take some, no really, please do! LOL!

christine M said...

Deb - I said a little rain. Too much and I might just lose my thankfulness. :)