Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving

There are so many little things we can be thankful for all the time. Even when things look bad, there is usually something we can find to be grateful for.

Last week, our pastor presented the idea of a "thanksgiving bag". You take a small paper bag, put it in the middle of the kitchen table and every day each member of the family puts in a slip of paper with something written on it that they are thankful for. Then, on Thanksgiving, you can dump out the bag and see how many blessings you really do have in your life.

I'm not sure we're going to be organized to do the Thanksgiving bag as it should be done, but I thought I'd post something I was thankful for each day until Thanksgiving.

Day 1.
I'm thankful for my family; both immediate and extended. I am blessed with a network of loving caring people who really want the best for each other. So I'm thankful for my husband, my daughter, my son, my parents, my brothers, my sisters-in-law, my nephews and niece, my in-laws and brother-in-law, my aunts and uncles and all my cousins.

2 comments:

Vivian Mahoney said...

This is a good idea. Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful idea - all too often we're stumped when it comes to saying thanks at thanksgiving aren't we.