Pages

Friday, November 16, 2007

Thankful for Warm Clothes

It got cold around here. Yesterday morning it was close to 60 degrees. Today it didn't get out of the low 40s. And yes, we still walked to school (when it dips below freezing we drive, we're intrepid, but not that intrepid).

As I was walking to pick the kids up I was thinking about the fact that I need a new winter coat. Mine is several years older than our oldest child. Time for a change. (But, I like the coat - hence the reason I still have it after all these years). And as I was thinking that I wanted a new coat, I thought how wonderful it was that I had a coat at all (and the means to get a new one, when I find one I like). How many people are there who don't have the proper clothes to keep them warm when the weather gets cold? Too many, I'm sure.

So, I'm blessed, because although my coat may be faded - it does keep me warm - and after all, that is its purpose.

No comments: