Yesterday we made our Gingerbread house. Usually we buy one of those ubiquitous kits that pop up this time each year. Then you simply assemble and eat any left over candy. This year - thanks to my cousin Eileen (Thanks Eileen), we got to be a little more authentic. It was still a kit (you can see the box in the background of the first picture). This required adding ingredients to the mix and cutting and baking. Luckily the sugar people came as part of the kit!
I've never been real great at precise measuring and cutting (even with a pattern) - so our roof tiles and front and back pieces did not end up exactly the same sizes. We solved the roof tile problem by propping it up with some handy (and just the right size gum drops).