Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Good Shepherd Sunday

I was discussing with the kids today that it was Good Shepherd Sunday and Pippi commented that her favorite parable was the one with the lost sheep.

"I love that Jesus goes out to find that one lost sheep; leaving the other 99," she said.

I agreed with her, but added this thought, "I've always wondered though - as important as it is to go after that one lost one - how does he know the other 99 will be there when he comes back. 95 more might go missing." (hasn't anyone else ever wondered this?)

Pippi thought for a minute. "That's why we have the Pope," she decided, "he keeps us together while we wait for Jesus to come back with the one lost one."

I like that. I also think it's appropriate that the Pope, our shepherd on Earth, is coming the week after Good Shepherd Sunday.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Wow, what wonderful wisdom for a young lady.