Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The New Book Meme

I've been tagged for a new and improved book meme by PJ Hoover over at Roots in Myth. This one requires you to use your own book or manuscript.

Here are the rules:
1. Choose anyone of YOUR OWN manuscripts. It can be a picture book, MG novel, an adult novel... It makes no difference.
2. Turn to page 30 of your novel or page 3 if it is a PB
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the next 5 sentences of text.
5. Then tag 5 writer friends to do the same.
6. See if you can visit Your Tagged Friends and the Person who Tagged You to read their short excepts.

PJ was lucky enough to have the ARC of her new book The Emerald Tablet by her side, so she used that. I will use my work in progress - a young adult novel called Just Meg.

Page 30, 5th Sentence:
“Have a good evening.”

Next 5 Sentences:
And he was gone.
“Are all your dates this interesting?” Jim asked me.
I smiled, but shrugged. “Don’t know. This was the first. Remember.”

Now - as for the tagging writers rule. Here's the thing - most of the writers I would tag were already tagged by PJ. So, I need to get creative. And if I don't get to 5 - oh, well.

I tag:
Barrie
Liz
Alice
Lissa
and Susan

Have fun with it!

1 comment:

PJ Hoover said...

Oooh, perfect part to pick! I love it.